Thursday, July 1, 2010

Old News

I like to read the newspapers
In order, by the date;
And since I'm always far behind,
The current one can wait.

I read about a sports event
That's long had its conclusion,
But since I listen to the news,
There's really no confusion.

Even though I know the score,
I still can read about it.
There's so much detail I can learn,
I couldn't do without it.

I'm late to news of scandals
Or political unrest;
And sometimes just as folks have healed,
I'm newly quite distressed.

Discoveries that hit page one
I'll read of two weeks later.
I'm just too busy to keep up,
Not a procrastinator.

My friends and family find it weird,
Don't get what I'm about;
If they don't read the news each day,
They throw the paper out.

But even when I am away,
The papers sit there waiting;
And reading them when I return
Is cause for celebrating.

I'm skimming stories currently -
Don't give me any clues -
About the World Cup soccer -
I hope USA won't lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment