Friday, July 16, 2010

Litterati

I really wish there were somebody
Who could nail the litterati.
Maybe those who access Twitter
Could point out those folks who litter.

Here’s a topic for some Tweets –
Some trash I noticed on the streets:
Paper plates from pizza places;
Wrappers smeared with candy traces.

Skinny covers once from straws,
Nasty notes that gave me pause;
Crumpled packs from cigarettes,
Baggies filled with poop from pets.

Water bottles, now depleted;
Store receipts from sales completed.
Many balled-up, wrinkled tissues
Filled, no doubt, with slimy issues.

Yogurt cups where stuff congeals;
Peach pits and banana peels.
Surely there are things I missed;
This is just a partial list.

In college one of my professors
Used to challenge the transgressors.
Not a great idea today,
Yet somehow litterbugs should pay.

So if you spy one in the act,
Grab your phone and quick, react:
Snap a photo – grant him fame.
Perhaps we can clean up with shame!

No comments:

Post a Comment