Monday, July 26, 2010

Email Blues

For years I had no email;
It did not yet exist.
In some ways life was easier –
I knew not what I’d missed.

Yet now that I’m accustomed
To my daily email fix,
It drives me crazy when
It’s unresponsive to my clicks.

“Loading” takes forever,
And “sending” seems to freeze;
So my frustration level
Seems to ratchet by degrees.

“We can’t retrieve your data.”
“It seems there is an error.”
The way I bang the keyboard,
My PC must shrink in terror.

My husband mentions cookies;
I don’t know what he means.
My email is affected
By the sweet tooth of machines?

Whatever was the problem,
It’s finally corrected;
And all my prior messages
Have now been resurrected.

The thing I find amazing
Is how we become dependent
On something that, to technophobes,
Is really quite transcendent.

The next time AOL
Has got me fuming in frustration,
I’ll hearken to my TM days
And try some meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment