Wednesday, June 30, 2010

On Target

How come when you're in a store
The urge is strong to buy?
Even things you do not need
Temptation can't deny.

Let's take a store like Target,
With quite a varied range.
If you leave empty-handed,
I would find that very strange.

I stopped in for a doormat,
I'd seen one in a flyer,
And I assured my husband
That was all I would acquire.

But on my way, I passed the sheets,
Which looked so darn alluring,
I realized that my sheets at home
Were old and pretty boring.

And all the towels looked so bright,
In colors bold and cheery,
I had to buy some to replace
The ones at home, so dreary.

My husband called my cell phone, twice;
Annoyed, he said, "I'm waiting!"
But meanwhile he was killing time
By slowly circulating.

He'd found a pack of batteries,
A bargain, I conceded;
And by the time we left the store,
We'd bought more than we needed.

I'm sure most people do the same,
If only now and then;
But as for me, I cannot wait
To go there once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment