Saturday, July 10, 2010

Accomplishment

When you finally tackle
Something you have been delaying,
It seems like you’re deserving
Of a prize or some bouqueting.

It’s not enough to feel fulfilled;
You want some accolades.
Acknowledgement will do –
You aren’t asking for parades.

Today I got a few things done
That were way overdue;
I don’t know why I’d put them off,
But now I’ve broken through.

So I feel like I do deserve
Some kudos and some praise;
What I’ve accomplished in one day
Might cause your eyes to glaze.

But to a champion procrastinator
I’m impressed
That my to-do list has gone down
And I’m not all that stressed.

For those of you more organized,
Who do things right away,
I’m envious ‘cause you must feel
Like I do every day.

But since, for me, this feeling
Isn’t part of my routine,
I’d like to hear some fanfare
Or at least a tambourine!

No comments:

Post a Comment