Sunday, July 11, 2010

Hanging a Picture

Today I hung six pictures
In a row above my bed;
They look like soldiers at attention,
Staring straight ahead.

They’re postcards that we bought in Spain,
All framed in matching black;
And they’re the last things that I’ll see
Before I hit the sack.

We bought them in a Gaudi house;
They’re Deco-ish and bright.
As soon as we both spotted them,
We knew they were just right.

It was a challenge making sure
That they were lined up straight.
I used a ruler, so each measure
I could calculate.

Most often, when I’m hanging things,
I eyeball and I guess;
And if you look behind each frame
The wall is quite a mess.

Aside from pencil marks and scuffs,
You’ll count a dozen holes.
It looks like someone quite insane
Was manning the controls.

But this time I was more composed,
Determined not to fail;
The end result is pretty good,
So patience did prevail.

Of course, they aren’t perfect
But I’m pleased as I can be;
They’re in their frames and on the wall
And all because of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment