Friday, July 30, 2010

Parallel

I watched a hawk swoop in the sky,
Which made me stop and think:
All creatures' lives are parallel,
Connected, like a link.

We're all a part of Nature's chain:
We procreate and feed;
And learn unique survival skills,
Depending on our need.

While I shopped at the grocery store
To buy supplies for dinner,
The hawk was on the prowl for food,
His prospects not much thinner.

And sometimes I've seen, in the air,
A baby hawk, instructed
On how to soar and swoop and glide,
Its "playground" unobstructed.

It's not much different from when I
Would coax my toddlers, gently,
To take their first steps, watching
As they followed me, intently.

That hawk and I both represent
Two beings who survive
By using skills and instincts
To make sure we stay alive.

A million other creatures
Do the same, where e'er they dwell;
We rarely think about them,
Though our lives are parallel.

No comments:

Post a Comment