Thursday, September 2, 2010

Unpacking

After a trip, comes the time to unpack.
For such a chore, you don’t require a knack.
Just toss all the dirty clothes into a pile;
Sort colors and white things if that is your style.

Return to your drawers all that you didn’t wear;
If you’re not like me, then such items are rare.
Since I can’t decide what I’ll need when away,
I often pack extras to get through each day.

Back home, to the closet, these things get returned;
They’re jury, I’m judge and for now, they’re adjourned.
The same goes for earrings and bracelets and such;
Unpacking’s much quicker if you don’t pack much.

But if you’re like I am, your suitcase is crammed;
It may take a while ‘til it gets unjammed.
Just take a deep breath and remain right on track,
And soon enough, you’ll put that empty case back.

Of course, when you’ve finished this bothersome chore,
You’ll realize your husband unpacked hours before!

No comments:

Post a Comment