Friday, September 24, 2010

Bra Straps

As soon as I could wear a bra,
I learned a crucial lesson:
Never let your bra straps show –
Just keep the people guessin’.

In seventh grade, it shocked us
When the next door teacher, older,
Would flirt with Mr. Feldstein,
Her straps hanging past her shoulder.

“She’s doing it on purpose!”
We all hissed, but didn’t get it.
It opened up my eyes, though,
Since I never did forget it.

I still buy bras that fit me
So they stay beneath my shirt.
I find it strange when women choose
To make their bras overt.

From what I see today, though,
Flaunting bra straps is the style.
I think back to the seventh grade
And can’t resist a smile.

I thought it looked so stupid then
And feel the same today;
I guess young women like to have
A lingerie display.

But women of my generation
Like our bra straps hidden.
Imagination’s all you need
To conjure the forbidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment