Friday, September 3, 2010

Booze

When I want to have a drink,
My first choice would be beer;
But if my glass is filled with wine,
That, too, would disappear.

Of the hard stuff, only one
Goes down real smooth and slick:
Tequila is my drink of choice –
The others make me sick.

Keep your scotch or gin or rye,
Vodka, bourbon, rum;
But to the agave plant,
I’ll gratefully succumb.

My dinner wouldn’t feel complete
Without a beer or wine,
And margueritas at a party,
I would not decline.

It really does amaze me, though,
I don’t know what to think,
When I encounter people who
Have no desire to drink.

They’ll stick to soda (yuck!)
And they abstain from alcohol;
Their reasons for avoidance
Sound to me quite off the wall.

I drink in moderation
And I love the drinks I choose.
To all you soda sippers, I say:
Let us toast – with booze!

No comments:

Post a Comment