Saturday, September 25, 2010

Decluttering

I’m a pack rat, not a hoarder;
All my junk is in some order.
I’ve a sentimental streak
For items really quite unique.

I save Bar Mitzvah invitations,
None of which are duplications.
I’ve all my children’s notes from school;
I toss their homework, as a rule.

My closet’s filled with clothes so old
It’s lucky they cannot grow mold.
I hate to ditch old towels and sheets;
They make good beach or picnic seats.

Old negatives and photographs
Could be piled higher than giraffes.
Don’t even mention magazines –
I guess collecting’s in my genes.

But still, sometimes I get possessed
And throw things out – you’d be impressed.
Today I cast some things away
To clear space for my new buffet.

I feel so proud, my heart is fluttering
‘Cause I’ve accomplished some decluttering!

No comments:

Post a Comment