Sunday, September 5, 2010

Taste Buds

I love berries, any type;
My husband hates them all.
He can scarf down spicy food,
Which makes my skin just crawl.

I love lemon pie and lime;
My daughter hates them both.
She's a chocoholic and
Would swear it under oath.

I like chocolate, too, but it
Would not be my first pick.
I prefer vanilla;
Coffee also does the trick.

My son likes coffee flavor, too,
But soda is his drink.
My daughter likes her Coke as well,
But I don't share that link.

It's quite amazing that my family,
Spouse and my-loins-sprung,
Can savor flavors varied
'Cause of taste buds on the tongue.

I guess what makes the world go round
And keeps us interlaced
Is that there's such diversity
In matters such as taste.

It's good that we like different things.
I'm sure you would agree
So there is lots of lemon pie
And berries left for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment