Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Politicus Interruptus

The phone rings, interrupting me;
I stop what I am doing.
I rush to answer, wondering
Whose number I am viewing.

I pick the phone up – there’s a pause
And then a voice begins…
“Vote for So & So! Your vote
Will guarantee he wins!”

The politician running
Sometimes calls to make the plea:
“It’s urgent that you go to vote –
Be sure and vote for me!”

It’s so important, that this call
Might interrupt your dinner.
I do not really care at all,
As long as I’m the winner.

I thought the no-call list I signed
Would stop such calls as these,
But during an election
Rules are bent to such degrees.

Annoying as it was to be
Bombarded in the mail,
I’d take a pamphlet over
Any phone call, without fail.

So I implore you candidates
To cease and to desist.
Your pre-election phone calls
Only get this voter pissed!

No comments:

Post a Comment