Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pigging Out

A license lets you drive a car,
A motorbike or boat.
Another license shows the world
You own your dog or goat.

Poetic license gives a writer
Leeway with the rules.
You're allowed to ditch
The ordinary grammar tools.

When I'm away, I have a license
You've not heard about.
I can abandon my routines
And yield to pigging out.

I will eat three times as much
As I'd consume at home.
Sometimes it's quite justified,
Like, "When you are in Rome..."

But other times, it's just a way
To give in and to splurge;
Well, since I'm on vacation
I'll indulge my every urge.

Ice cream, shakes, an extra beer,
Some chips and dips and fries.
Luckily, vacations end
Before I'm up a size.

Then when I am back at home,
With appetite all stoked,
I take that pig-out license
And declare that it's revoked!

No comments:

Post a Comment