Monday, December 20, 2010

Not in Store

I’ve had enough of stores;
My limit’s finally been reached.
My former shopping passion
Has been permanently leeched.

I won’t be lured by coupons,
Sales or bargains or no tax;
No longer will I waste my time
Perusing all the racks.

The clothes all look the same to me,
The high end and the low.
I have so much at home to wear
And have no plans to grow.

Who cares if all my jeans
Do not reflect the latest style?
They’ve served me well so far
And they will last a good long while.

I don’t know if it’s age, but
It appears that I’m immune.
When temptation sings its song,
I cannot recognize the tune.

I’ll leave shopping to the young
Or else to those who love its lure;
But I plan to walk on by
And keep myself out of each store!

No comments:

Post a Comment