Thursday, December 2, 2010

Close to Perfect

Today was close to perfect.
Here are all the things I did:
Read my book so it’s not overdue,
Heaven forbid!

Next I took my morning walk,
Then breakfast and The Times;
Worked the puzzle, checked my mail,
Then dressed for winter climes.

Headed out to Union Square
For crafts there on display,
Stopping first for sustenance
At the Chocolate Café.

Had a cup of cocoa brew,
So deep and rich and sweet;
And, too, a chocolate Madeleine,
Which made the meal complete.

Next checked out the crafty things
And bought myself a hat;
Raced on to a movie,
Which began just as we sat.

Headed back uptown for dinner
At a favorite place;
The wine and food were excellent,
A meal I could embrace.

Now I’m home, reflecting on
A day that rates an A;
My husband gets the credit ‘cause
He made it be that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment