Sunday, December 5, 2010

Ordering Online

So I order a couple of things online
And click once on “Submit;”
But nothing happens – nada –
So I wait a little bit.

Although it says – “Please click just once,”
I give a second click;
But still I’m getting no response
As time goes tick – tick – tick.

I call the site up on the phone,
Hear Muzak while on hold;
And when at last a person answers,
This is what I’m told:

“We have a problem with our site.
Your order has gone through;
But since you clicked the button twice,
Guess what? You ordered two!

We seem to have a little glitch,
So customers can’t tell
Their orders have been processed…”
And I said – what the hell!

“We’ll get a representative
To help you – just you wait.”
So now I’m listening again
To music that I hate!

Okay, the service rep comes on
And tells me – “Do not fret.
Your order hasn’t gone through twice,
Or even one time yet!”

I’m writing this while still on hold;
A supervisor’s needed.
Next time I’ll listen to advice
I really should have heeded:

A bird in hand bought in the store
Trumps two birds bought online.
If I take this advice to heart,
I’m sure I’ll be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment