Sunday, December 19, 2010

Car Trouble

When you think that your car isn’t acting quite right
And your husband is not a mechanic,
There really is not very much you can do –
So what I do, of course, is to panic.

I’m watching the heat gauge as it inches up
And I’m certain that trouble has landed.
I’m picturing us on the side of the road –
Freezing, tired and hungry and stranded!

It’s Sunday so service repair shops are closed.
It seems that our car needs some oil.
The reservoir cap feels cemented in place;
My stomach is starting to roil.

The car’s getting old – it has many more miles
Than the previous cars we have owned.
The time might be right to replace it with yet
One more Subaru, newer, but cloned.

But we finally stop at a gas station where
The attendant helps take off the cap;
And we feed her some oil and the heat gauge goes down –
Then we’re back on the road in a snap.

So I take a deep breath and I try to relax.
I let go of my panic and fear;
And I think to myself – why, this car is the best!
It will certainly last one more year!

No comments:

Post a Comment