Saturday, December 11, 2010

Fresh Flowers

Buying fresh flowers is really a treat.
They’re not really something you need;
But somehow they make the house look more complete
And your home looks more spiffy, indeed.

Where I live, there are florists, but that’s not for me;
My tastes run more simple and cheap.
The delis and markets have, I guarantee,
A selection for pockets not deep.

The bunches of daisy-like flowers appeal.
They’re colorful, cheerful and bright;
And at four or five dollars, they’re really a steal –
In a vase, they fill me with delight.

Some people like flowers of plastic or silk –
One purchase will last through the year;
But I’d be unhappy with buds of that ilk,
As real as such blossoms appear.

No, give me fresh flowers – I don’t need a scent.
It’s the color and feel that I crave;
And I’d much prefer them when I am alive
Than adorning a spot on my grave.

1 comment:

  1. I love them too, especially in winter or when people are coming over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete