Monday, April 4, 2011

On a Pink Jeep Tour

Climb aboard and click your belt;
Your guide is set to drive.
Then off you go, just hoping that
You'll make it back alive.

I totally expected
To be petrified, at least;
Instead I just had so much fun,
All worries quickly ceased.

Our leader, David, bounced us
Up on rocks that were so steep,
They seemed impossible to scale -
Except in a pink jeep.

And as we climbed, each vista was
More gorgeous than the last.
To me, this landscape's beauty
Cannot really be surpassed.

Our guide, so fearless and laid back
Was filled with lots of facts;
His charming personality
Made everyone relax.

He posed us in the perfect spots
For photos so amazing,
Our smiles are proof of our sheer joy
At where our eyes were gazing.

I've heard about these tours before
But didn't understand
That I could be transported to
The heart of Red Rocks land.

And man, that heart is beating -
It's spectacular and strong.
Was this the highlight of my trip?
Say no - and you'd be wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment