Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hair Apparent

When Bush was president (the son),
I hated when he spoke.
His singsong intonations
And his grin would both provoke.

I like a president who,
When he states his views aloud,
Commands respect and makes me feel
American and proud.

He should look presidential, too –
Obama’s got that nailed;
And Clinton had that going
‘Til he got himself derailed.

And that is why I’m mystified
To hear of the intent
Of somebody I can’t believe
Might run for president.

He’s very famous and, of course,
He’s quite the millionaire;
But how could anybody vote
For someone with that hair?

If heads of state convened
With tough decisions to help shape,
They’d not accomplish anything –
Just stand around and gape.

I hope he doesn’t run,
Although I'm pretty sure he’d lose;
‘Cause Donald Trump for president
Would really be bad news.

You shouldn’t judge somebody
By appearance, but I swear,
We cannot have a leader
With such foolish looking hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment