Sunday, April 17, 2011

Making the Grade

Restaurants have ratings now;
They’re mostly A’s or B’s.
Eating in a C or worse,
You might catch a disease.

When eating out, I never think
About the kitchen’s state;
‘Cause if I did, I might regret
The food that I just ate.

If restaurants have a sign that says
“Grade Pending,” then you know
They want a better grade but they
Still have a ways to go.

The only place I ever saw
That did display a C
Was a Chinese take-out and that grade
Encouraged me to flee.

I’d had their noodles many times
When Chinese food I’d sought,
But noticing that C on view
Provided food for thought.

Since restaurants are well aware
Inspectors will patrol,
They’d better clean their kitchens up
And make the honor roll.

A C will scare the customers
The minute that they spot it.
From that point on, they’re wondering
Just why the restaurant got it.

And thoughts like those I will reserve
For quite another poem;
‘Cause if you’d think about it,
You would choose to eat at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment