Sunday, April 10, 2011

"Become Your Dream"

“Become your dream” is written
On the sidewalks, done in chalk.
Most people step right over it –
They do not stop to gawk.

In fact, I’m sure that very few
Give it a second thought;
But some do ponder what it means,
Just what the writer sought.

The artist, De La Vega,
Which is how he signs his name,
Is challenging complacency –
I guess that is his aim.

Whatever is his motive
In this sidewalk chalking scheme,
He’s throwing down the gauntlet –
How does one “become your dream?”

It’s not exactly easy
To make fantasy come true.
Perhaps, dear De La Vega,
You could leave a little clue.

Until that time, I’ll keep an eye
For all your sidewalk art.
I haven’t quite become my dream,
But looking is a start.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Yes, looking is probably a good start for me too!

    ReplyDelete