Saturday, April 16, 2011

O - O - O

Here was a quandary when I was a kid –
(My mood would determine which one that I did.)
Eat your Turkish taffy when real fresh, soft and new
And enjoy the way it stretches as you chew and chew and chew

Or stick it in the freezer and hold off to attack it
Until you are able to smack it and crack it.
The commercials did encourage that you choose the freezer path
Or your teeth and gums would be too sticky in the aftermath.

But my preference, especially if banana was my pick,
Was to savor it real soft and stretchy so it had to stick.
It took forever ‘til each speck was yanked from in your teeth
And the dentist probably found a few still hiding underneath.

The innocence of youth – when we could really agonize
Over Turkish taffy – now I long for problems of that size!

No comments:

Post a Comment