Thursday, April 7, 2011

Acquiring Art

Buying some art to hang up on a wall
Does require some courage and daring.
You have to be sure that you love it enough
It won’t cause you regret or despairing.

If you choose with your heart, disregarding your head,
You’ll forgive yourself after a while;
‘Cause each time that you look at the purchase you’ve made,
It will, hopefully, bring forth a smile.

I don’t buy art too often – my walls are all full;
But when something just grabs me and yanks,
I will sometimes give in and when it’s hanging up,
Every time I walk by, I’ll give thanks.

What’s amazing to me is how one person’s choice
Of a painting or sculpture or rug
May be viewed by another, no matter how close,
With a frown or a sneer or a shrug.

Taste is so private it can’t be explained
‘Cause it comes from a place deep inside;
If your gut’s saying no you won’t get it to change –
Doesn’t matter how hard you have tried.

So acquiring art should require no thoughts
Or opinions that should be discussed;
Just lead with your heart and your soul and you’ll find
The approval you know you can trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment