Sunday, April 3, 2011

Birthday Time

A tree trunk adds another ring;
Some wines gain more cachet.
Medicines inch toward the date
They must be thrown away.

Humans love to celebrate
As each year flutters past,
Especially since we don't know
How long the ride might last.

We cannot ever quite believe -
It's hard to really gauge -
The mirror, though, confirms that yes,
We really are this age!

Today's my birthday - like a tree,
I've got a brand new ring;
A necklace, too, and time ahead
To proudly flaunt my bling.

I'm in a gorgeous setting,
My husband by my side.
Today will be as special as
The heavens can provide.

I'll speak by phone to loved ones
And enjoy a yummy meal.
It's birthday time and happy is
Exactly how I feel.

I check out my reflection -
Yes, this aging hardly flatters;
But I'm alive and kicking and
That's all that really matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment