Monday, March 15, 2010

TV

Do you have a TV show
You follow week to week?
If you do, then surely you do
Know of what I speak.

I care about Jack Bauer,
Though his show is so unreal;
Sinking into fantasy
Is part of the appeal.

I follow Project Runway,
Love both Heidi and Tim Gunn;
Watching those designers “make it work”
Is so much fun.

I’m hooked on Law & Order;
SVU’s the one for me,
From Liv and Elliot right down
To Belzer and Ice-T.

I’m even quite an Idol fan,
I guess I must confess;
Though I don’t vote or care who wins,
I watch it nonetheless.

Some other shows I hear about
To me, are not enticing;
Like being served a yummy cake
With some atrocious icing.

Yet friends are quite addicted to
These shows that I reject;
Since taste is so subjective,
No one’s choice is incorrect.

Whatever shows you choose to watch
You’ll know just what I mean:
Your problems hide when you veg out
And watch the TV screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment