Saturday, March 20, 2010

Dressing Room Etiquette

I went to The Gap;
They were having a sale.
On the dressing room line,
I let patience prevail.

The line was quite long,
But I didn’t mind waiting,
Until something happened
I found irritating.

Someone in a room
Stepped outside and announced,
“Think I need the next size;”
To the sales floor she bounced.

The employee just nodded,
Thought that this was just fine;
So her room was on hold
While we waited in line.

How indulgent and selfish,
Self-centered and rude!
I could never condone
Such a brash attitude.

If I’d been in her place,
I am sure, there’s no doubt,
I’d have taken my things
And I would have walked out.

I would vacate my room
And go look for my size,
Then I’d rejoin the line
So no anger’d arise.

I’m old-fashioned, I guess,
‘Cause this scene happened twice,
And no one except me
Thought it crude and not nice.

Since most customers there
Lacked my manners and years,
I’ll conclude that our gap’s
As deep as it appears.

No comments:

Post a Comment