Sunday, March 21, 2010

Health Care

I haven’t followed health care
As closely as I should,
But if all folks are covered,
To me, that sounds quite good.

The arguments appear to be
About what we’ll be spending,
And each side thinks it’s right
So the debate is never ending.

What really makes me furious
And seems just like extortion
Is, just to get the bill to pass,
They’ll cave about abortion.

Although it is a granted right
Despite those who’d delay it,
So many women will lose out
‘Cause they can’t ever pay it.

I listened to each delegate
Who claimed the bill was “flawed,”
And I felt sick to realize
People hurried to applaud.

Health care should be accessible
To all, and not denied
To any woman who’s in need
Of what the laws provide.

So Congressmen should keep in mind,
No matter their belief,
It’s written in the books
That all have access to relief.

The presidential order
Was a lot to sacrifice;
The bill will pass, but I’m not sure
That it was worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment