Saturday, March 27, 2010

Concern

It’s wonderful, in time of need,
To reconfirm or learn
Which people follow your travails
And show you their concern.

By email, snail mail, or by phone
They contact to inquire
How things did go and how you feel:
Their caring does inspire.

It’s comforting, just like a quilt
You’re wrapped in to keep warm,
To have support like this, so like
A beacon in a storm.

It doesn’t take much to convey
Connection and support,
And sometimes those you count on
Can surprise and come up short.

We all lead busy lives and so
I’d never hold a grudge
For someone who forgot, because
It’s not for me to judge.

But I am grateful and must thank
All those who did come through,
And if someday you are in need,
I hope I’m there for you.

That’s not to say I would ignore
Those others, with a shrug,
But at this time some friends deserve
A rhyming, heartfelt hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment