Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Feeding a Crowd

When you’re feeding a crowd,
You should be allowed
To sit back and observe
All the praise you deserve.

For you’ve shopped, cooked, and cleaned
‘Fore the guests have convened.
Many hours have you toiled
As you’ve baked, fried, or boiled.

If you stop and take note
You might say, and I quote,
“I’m a really good host
And I don’t mean to boast,

But look – everyone’s eating;
They’re talking, not tweeting.
I created this scene –
I’m the gathering queen!”

It’s a feeling to savor,
A favorite flavor;
But take off your crown:
For each up, there’s a down.

When the company leaves,
You must roll up your sleeves
And, unless you’ve three wishes,
You must do the dishes.

Still, your efforts have paid;
You need no accolade.
You should feel rather proud
After feeding a crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment