Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Last Meal

If I were a death row convict
And down to my last meal,
I know exactly what, to me,
Would have the most appeal.

I wouldn’t ask for lobster,
Or caviar or steak;
And if they offered sushi, I’d say
Give a gal a break!

No shrimp or deep-fried chicken;
I would not compromise.
I’d like a cheddar burger,
Ice-cold beer and crispy fries.

The burger should be real well-done,
The cheddar at full melt;
The fries real thin and piled so high
You must unlatch your belt.

Ketchup, cole slaw, pickle spear
Should all be on the plate;
And in my glass, an IPA
I would appreciate.

Dessert would be pie a la mode
With any type of berry;
A cup of coffee would be nice
But not be necessary.

I had a meal like this tonight,
A wonderful repast.
I skipped dessert, but wouldn’t have
If it had been my last.

A dinner such as I described
To me’s so satisfying,
That it could brighten up my mood
Just hours before my dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment