Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Choices

In the quilt store, bolts of cloth
Create a bold display:
Patterns, colors, wild designs –
A dazzling array.

I’m there to choose four swatches;
They have to match and meld.
I slowly start perusing:
The choice unparalleled.

At first, I pick a sample
Of soft blue with a swirl;
It will look nice upon the wall –
I could give it a whirl.

Selecting other fabrics
To complement that hue
Was harder than expected;
I didn’t have a clue.

I finally made some choices.
They worked together, but
Although my brain said go ahead –
I heard NO! in my gut.

It’s like a singles party
Or an online dating mart;
Just okay is not enough –
You’ve got to trust your heart.

And when you find your mojo,
You’ll know – you needn’t guess.
Every signal in your blood
Will holler – Yes! Yes! Yes!

So I returned those cottons
And waited to be stirred;
At last one did call out to me –
My heart and brain concurred.

Upon a wheaten background
Sat birds of green and gold
And purple – that’s my favorite!
I knew that I was sold.

I found three matching swatches,
And left that store just glowing.
Tomorrow is my quilting class –
I can’t wait to start sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment