Friday, October 23, 2009

Support

You cannot build a house without
A solid strong foundation.
A sentence would be incomplete
Without some punctuation.

A boat requires an anchor or
It might just drift downstream;
And engines need some water to
Provide that blast of steam.

A novel has to have a plot,
A judge must have a court;
And each of us cannot get by
If we have no support.

It could be friends or relatives,
A rabbi or a priest.
Perhaps it’s someone from the past,
Quite possibly deceased.

It matters not if our support
Would pass a close inspection,
As long as we internalize
That basic pure connection.

When I feel low or insecure
And need those vibes reduced,
I know whom I can count on
To provide that vital boost.

And when important things occur
And celebration’s key,
It isn’t hard to figure out
Who will be there for me.

So thanks to those who’re by my side,
In person or in thought;
I hope you know my heart is filled
With all the love you’ve brought.

I won’t name names, but I believe
This message I’m conveying
Will get to you and so you know,
I plan to be repaying.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog. It's as clever and entertaining as your plays. And you're a Yankee fan! My personal blog is http://sittlife.blogspot.com/ and my "business" blog is http://threepeats.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete