Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Flu Shot

I just got my flu shot –
It’s kinda hard to find it.
It hurt my arm a little;
I guess I shouldn’t mind it.

I took a random survey,
Asked many folks I know
If they’d gotten injected,
Or chosen to forego.

Results were fifty-fifty:
Some simply just refused.
A few might be allergic,
Or seemed to be confused.

But of the ones who took it,
Considered it their due,
Were many who had suffered once
With that unwelcome flu.

Descriptions of its symptoms:
The fever, pains, and aches
Convinced me that to get the shot
Would not be a mistake.

So now I am protected,
As far as I can tell,
But H1N1 threatens -
Should I get that shot as well?

We need a Magic 8 ball;
Who knows what lies in wait?
I think I’ll stop at one vaccine,
And leave the rest to fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment