Saturday, October 3, 2009

At Sea

When working on this blog,
To get it up and out,
I tried to go whole hog,
But I was plagued by doubt.

I knew not how to start;
I'm not a techie pro.
My husband did his part,
And it was good to go.

A poem a day, I thought,
Would be the meal I'd serve;
And if need be, I ought
To have some in reserve.

My file is filled with rhyme
I've fiddled with before,
So if I'm pressed for time
I'll see what's there in store.

Today I'm not at home,
And do not have the key
To search for one such poem
Within a friend's PC.

I thought I was all set;
Prepared before I left,
But the PC wouldn't get
My poem and I'm bereft.

I used my brain instead
To jot this saga down.
When you're in over your head,
You do not have to drown.

Grab any passing shred
Of idea that floats on by.
Eliminate the dread
On which we oft rely,

And nourish every inch
Of what you've got inside.
Inspiration will appear,
And you'll sail in with the tide.

Therein is writ this post:
Accomplishment abounds;
Though I'm not one to boast,
I like the way it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment