Sunday, October 11, 2009

Popcorn

I know they say of Frito-Lay,
“You cannot eat just one.”
But when it comes to popcorn,
I always eat a ton!

My husband cooks it on the stove –
No microwave for him!
And since he rarely eats his food,
He keeps himself quite trim.

But he enjoys when others eat
Whatever he creates;
And when his meals or snacks appear
Nobody hesitates.

Yet it’s his magic popcorn,
Slightly salted, from the pot,
That always earns him rave reviews,
Especially when it’s hot.

And I cannot resist it;
It’s such a total winner.
Though in my head, I hear my mom,
“You’re going to spoil your dinner!”

She’s right, this time, I know it,
Yet I am loath to stop;
‘Cause for a snack, this popcorn
Is the cream of any crop.

If you share my addiction,
Then you know what I’m about.
If popcorn were religion,
Then man, I’d be devout!

1 comment:

  1. a very good poem -- i loved the positive vibs
    toward the husband -- pop

    ReplyDelete