Monday, October 26, 2009

Falling Behind

I’m weeks behind in The New York Times;
My friends all like to tease me.
Most people just don’t understand,
And don’t try to appease me.

I thought when I no longer worked,
I’d finally be on track;
But so much juts into my day,
The Times just gets pushed back.

There’s a novel to read and some emails to check,
And my morning-time exercise;
There are classes to take, get-togethers with friends,
Observations to analyze.

There are magazines, also – I should unsubscribe –
The New Yorker alone takes me hours!
And museum tours I sometimes lead – goodness knows,
There’s no time left to smell any flowers.

And I do watch TV, not a lot, but enough
To cut even more into my time;
And now that my blog is reality, well,
I must make room to work on my rhyme.

So I read the old news, but it’s still news to me,
And I tackle the puzzles in order;
But I know that I’ll only be really caught up
If they make The Times quite a bit shorter!

No comments:

Post a Comment