Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tune-Up

The human body’s like a car –
It starts out fresh and new;
But wear and tear appears
Because of all that it’s been through.

The wrinkles, sags and scratches
Can compare to dents and dings;
And sometimes there is damage
From each pothole that life brings.

But when you push your body,
It’s like driving at top speed.
Your engine light comes on
And that’s a warning you must heed.

You feel like you can’t move an inch;
You sputter and you stall.
Your chassis needs a rest –
It’s like a little wake-up call.

And so today, I took the hint
And stayed home to relax.
The past few weeks my engine
Has been revving to the max.

Perhaps a simple tune-up
Will restore me to my prime;
At least I can maintain my thoughts
And set them out in rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment