Sunday, October 10, 2010

Refrigerator

My friend has a refrigerator,
A choice I’d never pick.
It’s sleek and shiny, stainless steel,
So magnets will not stick.

My fridge is covered, every inch,
With magnet souvenirs.
One glance can tell you where I have
Vacationed through the years.

The magnets serve to hold in place
Some photos I won’t change:
My grown-up children, toddler-age –
I guess that might seem strange.

Yet once I stick a picture there,
It’s permanent, in place,
Reminding me of magic times
Of which it holds a trace.

I add new magnets every year;
The snapshots stay the same.
A current picture will instead
Be mounted in a frame.

The gallery my fridge displays
Has glimpses of the past,
And in my kitchen you can see
Those memories held fast.

1 comment:

  1. reminds me of Jeri's fridge and Aunt Helen's, not the magnets - but the photos.. I love looking at them all, and feel honored to see baby pictures of Max still up there.

    ReplyDelete