Saturday, October 16, 2010

Standoff

So I’m in Central Park
On the reservoir track;
With my workout complete,
I was heading on back.

There were puddles galore,
So I stepped to the right;
Not prepared as I stepped
To encounter a fight.

See, the track has these signs
And what they advertise
Is the rule that your walk
Should be counter-clockwise.

There are folks who don’t care,
Some flat out disobey;
And most times I ignore them –
I couldn’t today.

‘Cause a woman in street clothes
With some attitude
Strutted right in my path –
That was way more than rude.

She was on the wrong side,
Not in exercise gear;
Yet her face said – Get outta my way!
I am here!

What I wanted to do,
Now I know it’s not subtle,
Was give her a good shove
Right into a huge puddle.

But instead I said she was wrong,
Then stepped aside.
The only alternative
Was to collide.

Some people are nasty
And have lots of nerve.
Here’s hoping some day they
Get what they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment