Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sharing News

How do you communicate
When you have news to share?
Phone calls seem to be the best
If there’s no time to spare.

Email gets the job done, too,
But only if it’s checked;
Otherwise your words will be
Unable to connect.

Letters in the mail are fun
If you have time to wait;
But snail mail can’t be trusted
And may get there way too late.

Facebook is a venue used
To spread your scoop to friends.
Twitter, too, sends messages
Which brevity defends.

Long ago, with telegrams,
Our news was sent in code.
It took days to learn if we
Broke down or if we crowed.

I use the phone and email
And yet Facebook I resist.
I’m sorry I am not your “friend” –
I doubt if I am missed.

So if you want to send to me
Some pictures or some news,
Email me or make a call
Or mail it if you choose.

I promise I’ll get back to you
Online or on the phone,
But when I do, I will converse
With you and you alone.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha, you can privately message on FB! also , you are missed. love you any way I can tho'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe someday i'll cave and join, but for now it doesn't seem appealing to me. thanks for keeping in touch using other means!

    ReplyDelete