Friday, October 8, 2010

Pigeons

Pigeons rule the city scene;
They burble, strut and coo.
Admitting that you like them
Would be thought of as taboo.

They leave their droppings everywhere -
No statue goes unmarred;
And they can fly right in your face
If you’re not on your guard.

I’ve heard it said they spread disease,
Some type of plague or rabies.
The only thing I wonder, though,
Is where are pigeon babies?

We never see them in their nests,
Don’t witness their first flights.
We notice them when they’re full-grown,
Descending from some heights.

It really would be quite a coup
And worth a camera’s click,
If someday someone caught on film
A newborn pigeon chick.

Most every creature starts out cute,
At least that’s my perception.
I wish that I could prove that pigeons
Aren’t the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment