Sunday, October 24, 2010

Recap

In The New York Times today,
My son and his new wife,
Are pictured, smiling and serene,
And very true to life.

Last night we danced and drank a toast
To wish them wedded bliss,
As soon as they exchanged their vows
And sealed them with a kiss.

The night was magical to me,
So filled with love and joy,
But strange to realize that the groom
Was once my little boy.

I watched him circling the room,
Engaged in smiles and laughter,
And knew that he could handle
All the life stuff that comes after.

And we, the wedding celebrants,
With spirits high and glowing,
Danced the hora and soaked up
The warm good feelings flowing.

Today we’re tired and relieved
We had a perfect night,
And when I saw The New York Times,
That topped off my delight.

1 comment:

  1. I thought it was a very nice photo too! They both look great! email to follow...

    ReplyDelete