Sunday, June 20, 2010

Gaudi

If you’re looking for a lovely place,
The opposite of dowdy,
Then Barcelona is for you,
The former home of Gaudi.

Visit structures he designed,
Both whimsical and witty;
And marvel at the way his work
Defines this Spanish city.

I stood in awe inside his church,
Majestic and amazing;
And listened to the oohs and ahs
Of others who were gazing.

His park is like a fantasy
Of magic made alive.
The smiles appear on every face
The moment you arrive.

And then I went to see a house –
A grand one he designed;
And understood how genius
Makes folks think you’ve lost your mind.

Wandering the terrace
Cannot really be compared
To being any other place;
It’s hard to be prepared.

The inside rooms were drenched in sun
And decked in Deco splendor.
This Gaudi house was so unique
There could be no pretender.

I’ll think of Barcelona now
And picture Gaudi’s towers;
And when I’m sad I will recall
The joy his work empowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment