Friday, June 4, 2010

Finding a Dress

My son’s getting married
And I’m feeling stress
For plenty of reasons,
One being: my dress!

It’s really important
To find something snazzy,
But I don’t like styles
Too razzamatazzy.

I want not one sequin,
One seed pearl or bead.
Simple and elegant
Is what I need.

My friend, who’s been through this
Whole process before,
Gave up her day off,
Dragging me store to store.

With patience and humor
She helped me decide
On a dress to reflect
What I feel like inside.

She zipped and she analyzed,
Bolstered, critiqued;
Each dress, with her fingers,
She altered and tweaked.

And finally, like a great group
A cappella,
I put on a dress and felt
Like Cinderella.

It fit like a glove
And was classy and charming;
And, shockingly, cost-wise,
It wasn’t alarming.

I’ll order it shortly
And, factors permitting,
I’ll soon get a call
To come in for a fitting.

My son’s getting married!
We’ll soon celebrate;
And in my new dress,
I believe I’ll look great!

2 comments:

  1. thanks, linda! i sure hope so. i think the dress will help a lot. looking forward to having you help celebrate the big day with me!

    ReplyDelete