Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Helpless

So we're in Madrid, exhausted -
Flew at night and didn't sleep;
And we hit the ATM
To make the dollar-Euro leap.

But the ATM says, Sorry!
No tiene valid pin;
And when several tries yield nada
We know trouble we are in.

So we call the magic number
For a customer assist,
But despite their all-day guarantee
They're closed - and I am pissed!

Now I'm tired and I'm cranky
And I'm fading fast from thirst.
I'm afraid to drink tap water;
Need some Euros or I'll burst.

But we find a bank that's open;
Get some Euros for a twenty.
Though it will not buy us dinner,
For some water we've got plenty.

So we wait 'til 7 in New York
(It's afternoon in Spain)
And we reach a human at our bank -
Our problem we explain.

She can help, she says, it's easy -
I'll reset your pin real quick;
And with some confirming details
She says - That should do the trick!

Now I'm sitting here and waiting
And we'll see if this did work.
If my husband comes back empty,
I think I will go berserk.

It's just awful feeling helpless,
But most things can be corrected.
Life is filled with so much tsurris*
It should always be expected.

*trouble, grief

P.S. We got our Euros!

No comments:

Post a Comment