Monday, May 17, 2010

Procrastination 2

I’ve been meaning to clean out my closets.
They’re bulging with things I don’t wear;
But whenever I think about starting,
The energy needed’s not there.

I should go through old papers and file them
Or toss all the ones I don’t need;
But as soon as the thought breaks the surface,
The desire begins to recede.

If I donate old toys, books, and knick-knacks,
There’ll be so much more room for display;
But despite all the best of intentions,
I can’t get myself to obey.

How nice it would be if the table
Were polished, uncluttered, and bare;
But since no one’s coming for dinner,
I find that I really don’t care.

Someday I will tackle these projects,
Although their extent is forbidding.
We all have a dream we must follow;
But in real life – now, who am I kidding?

No comments:

Post a Comment