Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Obligations

Sometimes you’ve gotta do something
You’re not in the mind-set to do;
However, if you just ignore it,
You know you’ll have something to rue.

We all have our own obligations;
We fill them or else come unglued.
But once in a while, if we’re honest,
We can say that we’re not in the mood.

Your choices are obvious, aren’t they?
Delay it, ignore it, or do it –
Somehow you’ll regret it, I’m certain,
If you shrug it off and then say “Screw it!”

So take a deep breath and begin it.
You know this advice is correct;
And when you’ve completed your project,
You’ll know you deserve some self-respect.

Ironically, my inspiration
For writing these words, so precise,
Is that I didn’t feel up for rhyming –
But I’ve taken to heart my advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment