Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hot & Cold

In the course of one day,
As the hours unfold,
Sometimes I’m hot
And sometimes I’m cold.

Whatever I’m wearing,
It somehow seems wrong;
When I go out, I
Bring a sweater along.

For I never can trust
When I venture outside,
That the warmth that I need
What I wear can provide.

In a restaurant or store,
A museum or home,
I am hostage to some
Out of balance syndrome.

I know what you’re thinking –
But that’s not the cause.
It isn’t hot flashes;
It’s not menopause.

Whatever it is,
I can live with it fine.
It’s not a big deal;
It seems rather benign.

Just as long as I’ve access
To shawl, shrug or sweater,
I’ll take care of the problem
And soon will feel better.

The solution I’ve found
Isn’t really abstract:
Every outfit’s like math –
And I add or subtract!

No comments:

Post a Comment